Luke and I had our Visa medicals the other day and are feeling slightly violated! They did full body x-rays, ultrasounds, ECGs, eye tests, blood pressure tests, blood tests and urine tests. The eye test was brutal because they made me do it without my glasses and I couldn't even see the biggest letter on the top. For the blood test you made a long line and at the front you stuck your arm under a window and they drew your blood right there. It was hard for me not to pass out watching all the people in line in front of me getting it done. For the urine test you step into this bathroom stall that was just disgusting and reeked of urine and squatted over a hole in the ground attempting to pee in a little cup. Because this is China... no toilet paper provided and I'd forgotten mine at home. Then they give you a tiny vial and you had to transfer your sample into it overtop of a bucket full of everyone elses pee and try not to get it onto your hands as there were no sinks nearby to wash at. Anyways, it's definately an experience!
Then most frustrating of all I lost my wallet while out grocery shopping last night. It wouldn't be so bad but my bank cards are in there so I have no money and can't get anymore money and can't get another bank card for a while. Luckily on September 15th some of our paycheque will go into a Chinese bank account so we'll just have to live off our current groceries until then, which we probably can do. I'm really hoping someone finds the wallet, keeps the cash, and turns it in. That would make life much easier, even if we didn't get the 2400RMB back that was in there, at least we wouldn't be so stuck with banking and I wouldn't have to get a new birth and marriage certificate.
So today, I'm not feeling so happy with life, but I'm trying to be positive and hoping someone will turn the wallet in at the grocery store. Please, please, PLEEEEASE!
No comments:
Post a Comment